Monday 10 August 2015

Pocket hugs….a little animal totem, a box of love, hope, peace….

I made some pocket hugs with my son a few years back for a lovely friend of mine who needed some hope and love sending her way. I told her to keep them close to her, to know we were thinking of her every time she held or looked at them. We blessed them with happy positive thoughts, kisses and love before we sent them.



I have created quite a few since those first ones and have mainly stuck with an animal theme, as they bring me and others some essence of calm and connection with nature.

Animal totems express the spirit nature of the species and exemplify qualities we can learn from. They are psychological and spiritual symbols that convey to us qualities we are needing or lacking in our daily lives. They are a mirror of us reflecting our own innate qualities to help ourselves better understand our connection to all things.



Although my little pocket hug animal totems are not of a traditional style, my representations hopefully also bring a little smile and happiness when viewed.

Created in ink and acrylic paint on natural stones from the beach, they are then protected with a varnish.

 I have now made some little match boxes to put them in to send and keep them safe.








A pocket hug…… a little critter, a little hope, a little love, a little peace, a little calm, a little friend x

I will have to photograph some of the others and the new ones I am creating very soon, you can always request your animal.

Everybody needs a little hug now and again x.




No comments:

Post a Comment